Fellow Landscape Business Owner,
A smart person learns from their mistakes. A wise person learns from others' mistakes. Over the course of my twenty two years as a designer/installer I've lost more than $1 million to mistakes and opportunities I was too ignorant to grasp.
One of the most important things I believe we can do as business owners is learn what is working from is to learn directly from landscape business-owners who are not our direct competition. To support that process I have created a monthly success potluck to make that process fun and easy.
One of the greatest things about information is that it does not get diluted with time or sharing. At a dinner potluck, when we share a dish with others it gets consumed until there is nothing less. In a success potluck, the information has as much value for the 1,000th landscaper as it did for the first. A technique for saving time building stone walls, organizing tools or increasing sales does not go down in value when we share it. Instead everyone comes away with many new and exciting ideas to apply. The power of an idea is that it can instantly and permanently improve our lives and businesses as soon as we apply it. Smart people apply their own ideas. Wise people include everyone elses.
Participation in the success potluck is simple and fun:
1) Each participant shares a specific and actionable thing they are doing that is benefiting their business. In a fun process, a monthly prize is given to the idea that the most landscapers vote for.
2) Each person contributes $12. per month or $85. for 12 months to support the infrastructure and growth of the group. A complete refund is cheerfully offered for anyone who does not receive at least ten times their investment as a result of participating. This actually a bit of a joke. If you can't get at least $5k in benefit from so many great tips and resources something is way off with your fit for the group or your interest in growing your business in the presence of great insights from successful peers. Personally, I aim for $20k in additional profits as a result of implementing a few of the best ideas shared throughout the year. Even if I only manage $10k in additional profits that is still a 100 time return, making this $85. investment among the most valuable investments I make in a year.
I want the same for you! The more of us who participate, the more rich the success potluck becomes.
Studies show that when we don't take immediate action on a good idea, we soon forget about it in the deluge of problems and new information. I am 100% convinced that learning from other successful peers is in the top five most important choices you will make for your business all year. I've been waiting to get an e-mail like this for 22 years and finally started this myself because that e-mail never came. Outside of the success potluck I've only interacted with around 20 peers and most of those interactions have not been focused powerfully on sharing valuable information to improve our business. Yet even in these often superficial exchanges I've always learned something useful. The success potluck takes that to a whole new level and cuts out the cost in time and hassle to meet face to face.
To make it easier for you to contribute your expertise, I'm going to give you a special coupon that is active for the next three days: Click here to receive a special price.
Several side-benefits occur to active members that are extremely valuable, but easy to overlook when considering joining:
1) Our brain is our most valuable asset in our business success. When we ask ourselves what we are doing that is really helping our business, and then share that with others, we alert our mind to pay more attention to our success and the actions that create it. This soon becomes a habit. And when it does, we start generating two or three times the number of ideas.
2) When we are isolated it is easy to fool ourselves into the belief that there is no solution to our recurring problems. Self-delusion is easy when we have no exposure to peers who have found great solutions to the problems we have wrestled with for years. Realizing that there are companies who rarely, if ever, deal with the problems we wrestle with every month, can be a profound kick in the but to learn what it takes to do it differently. That kick in the but can result in an increase in positive growth and change that is double or triple the speed at which we would change if we continued to believe that our way of doing things is the only way possible.
3) I find for myself that the process of sharing ideas and success with peers motivates me to succeed and take action that I otherwise would not bother taking. That's because after about $100k a year in net profit I don't really need more money so why should I work harder to improve? Asking myself the question: "What could I share that would benefit landscapers around the country?" results in me keeping my eyes open for new information. This benefits my company as well as those I share my tips and resources with. You may find that you also notice more opportunities to improve as a result of wanting to share great information with the group.
There is only one good reason not to join the group and make learning and sharing great ideas a key component of your business growth: And that is if you have an even better way to succeed. Nothing I do is as effective, which is why I went to the trouble of contacting more than 30,000 business owners to build the group. However, if you have something you are doing that you believe is more effective, I want to know about it! If I could get more benefit without managing a group, I'll jump at the chance to join you and be grateful for the information.
This is such a useful resource for all of us that it really does not matter, in the larger picture, whether you sign up for $20, $12 or $30. per month. However, we hope you will benefit from the special discount in the next few days because the savings, while unimportant in themselves, will allow you to buy one of our landscape success courses that could make a big difference. Here again is the link for an instant discount if you sign up in the next three days.
If you miss the time-window, you can sign up for a higher price here.
Dane E. Rose
Owner, Pro Landscape Deals
PS: As a landscaper, I’m highly motivate to learn about products, resources and services that help me succeed. Since I’m now semi-retired and spend more than half the year travelling, it’s fun to share these resources with other landscapers who are not my local San Francisco competition. If you would like to adjust or end e-mails from me, please do so: Change or end Communication Settings